Most of the adults will experience heartburn in their lifetime. Heartburn is an unpleasant burning sensation that takes place from stomach to throat. Heartburn happens when stomach acid backs up to the esophagus. You may feel, as if someone has lit a small bonfire in chest and it is burning its way up to your neck.
Are you suffering from occasional heartburn? Yes, then change your lifestyle and consider a few home remedies for heartburn.
- Aloe is a plant used to soothe burns. People often use aloe for sunburn, but aloe can do more than that. Aloe juice reduces the inflammation and helps with heartburn. When your tummy starts getting irritated and inflamed, a glass of aloe vera juice calms your heartburn.
- Cardamom and Cinnamon is a good digestive agent. Add cardamom to oat meal or cereals or any food. Try cinnamon toast or cinnamon tea by adding roasted cinnamon. Avoid strong blends tea like black tea and mint tea.
- Sage is a great heartburn relief Sage protects the area and doesn’t let the stomach acid to travel back up to esophagus. Sage is a great drink and will relieves stomach acid and pain. You can drink as much as you need, it has no negative effects on your health.
- Try an apple a day. Slice up an apple and eat it before bedtime to relieve discomfort. Banana contains natural anti-acids which acts as a buffer against acid reflux. Having banana and an apple is the simplest home remedies for heartburn.
- Drink Ginger Root Tea: Ginger root cures a number of stomach woes from nausea to acid reflux. Drink a cup of fresh ginger root tea about 20 minutes before a meal. It calm downs your tummy and acts as an acid buffer.
- Pour 2 cups of water and 3 quarter sized slices of ginger root in a bowl.
- Keep it in simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ginger pieces and drink water before 20 minutes of your meal.
- Eat almonds after every meal, snack and every time. Tasty almonds will neutralize the juices in your stomach, relieves and prevents some instances of heartburn.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea before 1 hour going to bed. It will reduce inflammation in your stomach and balance your acidity levels. It does wonders in relieving stress, which can trigger acid reflux.
- Marshmallow Root is one of the best root for heartburn relief which produces a gooey, starchy substance known as mucilage. It protects the mucous membranes of your esophagus. Stir one tablespoon powder of marshmallow root into one cup of water. Drink this water 3 or 4 cups a day.
- Baking Soda neutralizes stomach acid. Mix a few drops of lemon juice and half teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water. Don’t drink baking soda by itself. Lemon juice removes gas in the stomach which is created by baking soda.
The best thing that will work for long term healing is a change in lifestyle. That includes balanced diet, exercise and yoga.
“Hello Admin! Thanks for this article, very good information, I will be_ forwarding this to some friends, if you’re ok with that. Greetings from Germany!”