Acid reflux is not a disease. Reflux is a condition which can be healed by abusing our bodies with wrong eating habits. If you are suffering from acidity on the regular basis, then there is a chance that might result in another serious condition called Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Best ways to cure acidity reflux are as follows:
- Bananas: Eat a banana to get relief from acidity. They are rich in potassium and keep the level of acid production in stomach. It increase the production of mucous in your stomach which protects it from harmful effects of acid production. They are rich in fibre which speeds up digestion and prevents recurrence of acidity.
- Jeera: It stimulates the production of saliva which helps in digestion, improves metabolism and gastric troubles and relieves gas. Jeera has a calming effect on irritated stomach nerves and heals ulcers. Chew a few seeds of jeera to get relief from acidity or boil jeera in water and drink the solution once it gets cooled.
- Aniseed or Saunf: It has anti-ulcer properties. Saunf aids in digestion and relieves constipation. It reduces the burning sensation and lining of the stomach. Chew a few seeds of saunf that reduces the symptoms of acidity. For long term remedy – boil a few seeds of saunf in water and leave overnight. Drink this water when you feel uneasy.
- Tulsi Leaves: This Tulsi leaves stimulates your stomach to produce mucous. Tulsi has antiulcer properties and reduces the effect of gastric acids. Chew 5-6 tulsi leaves when you are suffering from acidity.
- Elaichi: It balances all three doshas like kapha, vata and pitta. Elaichi stimulates digestion and relieves stomach spasms. Elaichi soothes the lining of the stomach. It can ward off the effects of excess acid produced in stomach. Crush two pods of cardamom with or without skin, boil cardamom powder in water and drink this juice for instant relief.
- Clove: It aids digestion and beats the symptoms of acidity. Clove has carmitive properties and improves the movement of food down the stomach. Bite a clove as once the juice released keep it in the mouth. The released juice will immediately lower acid reflux and gives some relief.
- Pudina: It lowers the acid content of the stomach and improves digestion. Pudina has cooling effect which reduces the pain and burning sensation. Add some pudina leaves in a pot of boiling water and drink the water once it get cooled.
- Amla: It helps in healing injured stomach lining and oesophagus. Amla has a huge amount of vitamin C. Have a teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to get rid off from acidity.
- Cold Milk: It has large amount of calcium that prevents acid and absorbs excess acid production by reducing the symptoms of acidity. Cold milk offers instant relief from burning sensation during acidity reflux. Drink cold milk without any additives like sugar.