Try these 10 natural sleep aids which improve your sound sleep. Aromatherapy has a number of different uses, but it is possibly used for relaxing or creating a sense of drowsiness.
These 10 natural sleep aids improve your sound sleep.
1. Maintain Regular Sleep Routine: You can help sleep by going to bed and waking up at the same time each day. As well as by sticking to a regular routine so that your body knows that sleep is coming.
2. Avoid Caffeine, Nicotine, and Alcohol: Caffeine is a stimulant that keeps you awake. So avoid coffee, tea, cola, and other pain relievers for 4-6 hours before your bedtime. Smokers should avoid using tobacco products too close to bedtime. Though alcohol may bring sleep, after a few hours it acts as a stimulant. It also increases the number of awakenings and decreases the quality of sleep.
3. Create a Sleep Inducing Environment: A dark, cool and quiet environment can promote sound sleep. Do you know why bats congregate in caves for their daytime slumber? Yes, to achieve such an environment and lower the volume of outside noise. Use heavy curtains and an eye mask to block light, a powerful sign tells the brain its time to wake up. Keep the temperature cool between 60-75°F and your room should be ventilated well.
4. Don’t Exercise Right Before Bed: Regular exercise can help you to have a sound sleep. But for some people, it can be disruptive if it’s done right before going to bed.
5. Banish Electronic Items: Certain electronic items like television, smartphones, laptops, computers, and tablets should be kept out of the bedroom. The enormous use of electronics triggers stimulating chemicals in the brain and that tells your body to be awake.
6. Go to Sleep When You’re Tired: A struggle to fall sleep just leads to frustration. If you don’t get sleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed or go to another room and do some relaxing things like listening to music or reading until you are tired enough to sleep.
7. Have Light Meals in the Evening: Eating pizza at 10 pm may be a recipe for asleep. Finish your dinner 3-4 hours before your bedtime and avoid foods that cause indigestion. If you are hungry at night, snack on foods that won’t disturb your sleep, perhaps carbohydrates and dairy foods.
8. Aromatherapy: It has a number of different uses, but it is possibly used for relaxing or creating a sense of drowsiness. If you are exposed to the scent of lavender, you can experience better moods. Lavender aromatherapy suggests brainwaves for drowsiness, while other scents increased alertness.
9. Saint John’s Wort: It is used frequently to help with depression and also helps with disrupted sleep. Its main constituent hyperfine raises the overall level of serotonin in the brain. More serotonin leads to more melatonin – which helps in sound sleep. You can use it in capsule form or prepare a tea to use as a sleep aid.10. Drink Cherry Juice: Drink 1 cup of cherry juice that is a tasty way to drift off to sleep. It is a natural sleep aid that really helps to get sound sleep. Cherry juice contains a tryptophan that is full of amino acids that convert to serotonin, then convert to melatonin.