White teeth is a sign of good health and personal hygiene. White teeth is also essential for a lovely and sparkling smile. But some people don’t have white teeth for many reasons.
An individual teeth gets stained due to coffee, tea and smoking. You can opt for treatment known as Teeth Whitening and it is also known as dental bleaching. There are certain ways to whiten and remove stains from teeth are as follows:
- Brush Your Teeth With Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda: This mixture will keep your teeth white and clean.
- Add 2 spoons of hydrogen peroxide and 3 spoons of baking soda in a bowl. Mix this mixture in a paste form. Paste should be similar in thickness to toothpaste.
- Add a bit of mint toothpaste to your homemade paste to give fresh flavour. You can also add a drop of peppermint extract.
- Mix the mixture in salt. The salt will exfoliate your teeth as you brush.
- Brush with the paste on your teeth in circular motions. Allow the mixture to sit on your teeth for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the solution with water.
- Again brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any remnants of hydrogen peroxide mixture.
- Eat Natural Teeth Helpers: Some foods actually keep your teeth white.
- Eat more celery, apples and carrots. Fruits and vegetables are like toothbrush for teeth and they increase the production of saliva in your mouth. They are also high in levels of Vitamin C to kill odor – causing bacteria and strengthens your gums.
- Stawberries contains natural astringent which lifts stains. Rub half of the strawberry over your teeth to get more benefits.
- Rinse with a glass of half lemon juice and half warm water once in a week. Lemon juice lightens your teeth. But don’t do more than a week because lemon juice will erode teeth.
- Cheese increases saliva production in the mouth. Cheese removes the bacteria that stains teeth. So have some cheese daily.
- Brush Your Teeth Twice a Day: First and foremost thing is to brush your teeth regularly to remove plaque, drink residue and pieces of food. Brush before breakfast and before going to bed. Many people like to brush even after lunch and snacks.
- Floss Daily: Floss is an effective way to remove plaque build-up in between your teeth and gums. After removal of plaque, your teeth will appear cleaner and brighter.
- Floss atleast once in a day.
- Experiment with different types of floss until you find one that works well for you. Some floss types may be too rough, slippery and flavored. So keep looking for one floss you do like.
- Gargle With Mouthwash: Mouthwash kills bacteria and contains elements to strengthen your teeth. Along with brushing and flossing, mouthwash reduces bacteria, kills bad odors and keep your teeth healthier and cleaner.
- Regularly Schedule Your Dental Appointments: Regular dental appointments will help you to maintain good dental hygiene, keeps healthy teeth and spot any cavities. Ask your dentist before you try any teeth whitening product to make sure that it won’t hurt your teeth.