Menstrual cycle is the monthly series of changes in woman’s body. It goes through in preparation for the possibility of pregnancy. Every month, one of the ovaries releases an egg this process is called as ovulation. Hormonal changes prepare an uterus for pregnancy. If your egg is not fertilized, then the lining of the uterus closes through vagina is known as menstrual period.
Here there is a list of great ways to care yourselfduring your periods:
- Give Yourself Some Time to Relax: In the first day of your period allow your body to rest. Giveyourself some time and space to rest during your first day of your period.
- Try tolisten music that will distract and calm down you.
- Rest more than usual. Don’t do heavy exercises which may hurt you.
- Do activities which you know that are comforting you.
- Keep a Pad with You at all Times: Panty liners are convenient to keep with you. Theyare easy to carry, smaller and should hold the flow of blood until you canobtain a pad. It is suggested that on the first day of your period you shoulduse a pad because it is easy to carry.
- Carrya small purse with your pad or cup.
- Ifall your ideas fails, then hide a pad or tampon in your bra. It will be coveredwhen there is an emergency.
- EatWell: We lose a bit ofblood at the time of period. It’s very important to eat foods which are rich iniron like spinach, seaweed and red meats. These stuffs will prepare your bodyfor the blood which your are losing during menses. Be sure to eat fruits andvegetables during your periods.
We may tend toreaching for chocolates, sweets and sugary things during periods. It is a signthat our body is in need of nutrients and deficient of. So eat many greenvegetables, as these green veggies are very rich in magnesium and it willsatisfy your cravings.
- Take a Hot Bath: During your periods, focus on feeling better andpamper yourself with a relaxing bath. Take warm bath during the week of yourperiods filled with salts and essential oils. Warm bath evokes the feelings ofrelaxation and can ease those darned cramps, pains and aches.
- DrinkWater: During your menstrual cycle, you are likely bloatedand retaining water. In order to combat with bloat, drink more water. If youwant to look and feel better during your periods, drink plenty of water toflush out toxins from your body and keeps hydrated.
- TryAlternative Methods:Massage clary sage oil on yourstomach. Sage oil supports estrogen production in the body and acts on thepituitary gland to prevent cramps. Take cell salts every 5-10 minutes until thepain stops. Or else take a heating pad and place it over stomach where pain isor take a warm bubble bath.
Wear Comfortable Clothes:Don’t prefer to wear tight or close fitting or uncomfortable clothes during yourperiods. Wear sweatpants and shirt or else wear clothes which are comfortable. Usequality panties that will support your lower abdomen to relax.