Abnormal growth of cells within the breast is known as breast cancer. These cells are a combination of small elements like a lump, which is also called a breast tumor. First, you will notice a breast lump in women and men. It doesn’t show any symptoms at an early stage, but timely detection will help you in the long run.
Signs and Symptoms of Breast Tumor:
Early signs of breast tumor are as follows:
- A change in the shape of the nipple.
- Acute pain in the breast doesn’t go away after your next period.
- A new lump in the breast.
- An unexplained redness, swelling, and dimpling or skin irritation or rash on the breast.
- A flaky skin in the nipple area and nipple discharge other than breast milk.
- Swelling around the collarbone or under the arm.
Subsequent signs and symptoms of breast tumor are as follows:
- Swelling of one breast and dimpling of the best surface.
- An existing lump gets bigger and vaginal pain.
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Veins are visible on the breast.
If you experience any one of these signs and symptoms, then contact your doctor for a complete evaluation.
Breast Tumor Precautions:
- Diet: Are you confused about what to eat for breast tumors? Yes, then include the right amount of nutritious food in your daily meal. Soya and flaxseed produce a chemical called phytoestrogen which prevents breast tumors. Avoid certain stuff like alcohol, cigarettes, and junk foods will increase body weight and there will be more chances of getting cancer.
- Walking: It is an effective exercise which keeps breast tumor away. Walking keeps the woman’s body fit and also stimulates blood circulation in all parts of the body without making a person tired. The simple exercise like jumping, running, and swimming are also an effective exercise for cancer.
- Maintain Healthy Lifestyle: Women over the age of 40 are at risk of breast tumors. So they should maintain a healthy lifestyle. Diet should be kept as natural as possible and artificial spices and preservatives must be avoided. Elderly women must involve themselves in some kind of physical activity depending on their lifestyles.
- Fitness: One of the common reasons for breast tumors is obesity. Maintain your body weight which makes you healthy, fit and active. Stick to a low-fat diet is the best precautionary measure for cancer.
- Avoid Supplements: Don’t introduce any supplements in your body. Supplements could cause internal hormonal imbalance in the body. The two main feminine character deciding hormones in women are progesterone and estrogen. These hormones maintain the balance of the female characteristics including the shape and functions of the breasts. Any change in this balance could bring several female health-related diseases – a breast tumor is one among them.
- Physical Examination: Before going into any treatments, self-examination of the breast is the best treatment. Any pain or lumps or variations in skin color are associated with cancer. Getting physical and breast examinations annually can be a precautionary measure for breast cancer and other diseases.