Covid-19 (Coronavirus) disease is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. It causes illness like flu with symptoms such as cough, fever, and difficulty in breathing.
Symptoms of CoronaVirus & How does it spreads:
Before developing symptoms people fall sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days. Most common symptoms of coronavirus are dry cough, tiredness without any reason, and fever. In severe cases they may face difficulty in breathing. About 80% of people out of 100 recover from the disease without needing special treatment if their immune system is good. Older people, and people with medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease suffer severely ill.
People may experience:
Difficulty in Breathing (Severe cases)
People can be victims of coronavirus from others who have the virus i.e, spread from person to person through small droplets from nose or mouth when a person coughs or exhales. Other people then catch coronavirus by touching their eyes, nose or mouth. Even they breathe in droplets from a person with coronavirus who coughs out. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter away from a person who is sick.
Precaution for preventing COVID-19:
As per WHO till now no medicine is available for COVID-19 so prevention is better than cure. Many countries around the world are affected by COVID-19 and trying to find a vaccine for curing COVID-19.
We can reduce spreading/being infected chances of COVID-19 by taking some precautions below mentioned:
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub or use sanitizer.
- Keep social distance at least 1 meter between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Because once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to you through eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Make sure to maintain good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth, nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. Quarantine yourself and consult a doctor and follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 information. For this follow national and local authorities in your area. In case of emergency do call on healthcare centers of Govt.
- People who recently visited foreign countries please quarantine yourself for 14 days and avoid meeting people. This is the best you can do for not spreading the COVID-19.
- If you feel mild fever, headache or tiredness please contact the local authority immediately.
- Finally do not panic, also beware of fake news.
Source: World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic