If you have any doubt that, you are affected by Meningitis, then you shouldn’t delay more. Well, if the condition of the body matches with the symptoms of Meningitis, then you should immediately go to the doctor. The Doctor will conduct different tests and examinations to clear the status of Meningitis. If the symptoms on the body are associated with the Meningitis, then the doctor will go for the following tests:
- Lumbar puncture.
- Blood culture.
- Blood counts.
- CT scans.
- Chest X rays.
The report of these above tests will determine whether the patient is suffering from meningitis or not. If the reports are positive then, the doctor will immediately start the treatment of meningitis. The treatment of Meningitis basically depends on the cause of Meningitis. So, only after studying the cause of the meningitis, the treatments are assured by the doctor. So, here let’s have a look on types of treatment to prevent Meningitis:
- If it is the case of Bacterial meningitis, then there are high chances that the brain will be greatly affected. So, immediate hospitalization is greatly recommended. Till now there is no specific antibiotic for Bacterial meningitis. So, in order to reduce the effects of the bacteria, the intravenous antibiotics are greatly preferred. The only chance to survive in this case is early diagnosis.
- Viral Meningitis is a case of viral infection. In this case, the patient is treated with basic treatments. As it is a viral infection, it automatically vanishes within two weeks. There is no serious or long term threat associated with the viral Meningitis. But it is necessary to go for regular check-ups till all the symptoms get vanish from the body.
- Fungal Meningitis is caused by the affected fungus. If the patients will not be treated within the early stage, then there are high chances that, this Meningitis will damage the entire brain. With the help of antifungal agents, it is possible to treat the Fungal Meningitis efficiently.
Meningitis prevention and treatment are very common nowadays. Though the number of death cases is not much with Meningitis, still the threats are very high. It is better to stay away from Meningitis, instead of being treated. So, here are some important prevention tips to stay away from Meningitis:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle which will help in boosting your immunity power. If a good immunity is maintained in the body, then the chances of getting affected by the meningitis are very low.
- Avoid smoking and maximise the amount of rest. You might face difficulties in managing the sleep, but it is very essential to ensure more and more amount of sleep.
- Keeping a minimum distance from the infected people and don’t share personal items like dresses and other belongings.
- It will be good if you will opt for the appropriate vaccination against the Meningitis.
As prevention is better than cure, it is recommended to follow the above steps efficiently. In case, there are any complexions, then don’t hesitate to consult the doctor immediately.