The effects you face after drinking too much of alcohol is known as Hangover. It affects the human body both in psychological and physiological way. You can experience in the morning after a tight night party.
Symptoms of Hangover:
Different people will experience different side effects of hangover. Some symptoms of hangover are as follows:
- Bad breath
- Body pain and accelerated heartbeat
- Fatigue and stomach ache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Headache and lethargy
There are several factors that contribute to hangover are as follows:
- Alcohol Increases Urination: Urinating more than usual may lead to dehydration. Dehydration from excessive urination causes thirst and often characterized by lightheadedness and dizziness.
- Alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach. It increases stomach acid production and causes nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting.
- Alcohol causes a lack of refreshing sleep. It may inturn lead to groggy and fatigued.
Natural Remedies for Hangover:
- Drinking water is the best way to cure hangover. Alcohol dehydrates the body. You need to hydrate your body by drinking water at regular intervals. Water removes impurities left in the stomach. Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Banana Milkshake is made with a half glass of milk and one large ripe banana which is sweetened with 2 tablespoons of honey. Honey raises blood sugar levels, which is lowered by excessive intake of alcohol. Bananas are rich in magnesium, electrolytes and potassium. This milkshake will replace the lost nutrients like magnesium and potassium.
- Drinking tomato juice is another way to get rid of hangover. Vegetable juice contains fructose, a type of sugar helps human body and metabolize alcohol very quickly. It is very rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes that will overcome the side effects of drinking.
Tomato Juice recipe:
- Make a glass of fresh tomato juice.
- Mix one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and honey along with a little cayenne pepper.
- Drink Tomato Juice once in the morning and again in the afternoon.
- Toast and Egg: Eat small slices of plain toast with an egg is a good idea to get rid of hangover. The carbohydrates in toast are good source of recovery nutrients. The carbon content in the toast acts like a filter to remove the impurities from the body. Egg provides cysteine that breaks down the alcohol in the body and reduces toxicity. Morning after a night of heavy drinking, have a breakfast of two or three slices of toast and eggs.
- Peppermint is a helpful herb to cure hangover. Peppermint aids digestion and relieves tension, nausea and bloating. It speeds up the detoxification process.
- Chew fresh peppermint leaves throughout the day. Peppermint leaves relaxes your intestines and helps in quick recovery.
- Drink a Cup of Peppermint Tea: Pour one cup of boiled water over one teaspoon of dried peppermint. Let peppermint steep for 15 minutes, then strain it.
Add few drops of peppermint oil to the warm water of your bathtub. Soak peppermint oil in this warm water for 30 minutes. This soothing bath will make you feel better immediately.