Chicken pox is one of the painful diseases which is caused by a deadly virus named Varicella-zoster. This disease is a communicable disease and easily spreads from one person to another through mucus or saliva. Even air is also an important medium of this virus to attack the nearby people.
The symptoms take around 10- 21 days to develop red spots and blisters all over the body. The blisters are very painful and itchy. It is very difficult to manage the activities of the patient during the chickenpox.
At the time of chickenpox, it is highly recommended to avoid contact with others, as the disease will spread through the air. And thus, it is suggested to cure chickenpox at home. There are various remedies which are used to cure chickenpox at home, such as
- It is recommended for the patients, to take a bath with baking soda. After mixing a cup of baking soda in the water, the patients are take a bath or can use a towel to put the solution over the affected parts of their body. Special properties of baking soda, helps in curing the chickenpox very efficiently.
- Neem leaves are highly preferred for the cure of chicken pox as these leaves offer various anti-viral properties. These leaves are crushed into paste and are applied over the blisters in order to dry them quickly. These leaves reduce the itches and rashes in the body. These leaves are also added with the water for preparing a medicinal bath for the patient.
- The carrots along with coriander leave help a lot in curing the chickenpox. These items are rich with antioxidants and highly promote the healing process. The chopped carrots along with coriander leaves are added to water and are allowed to boil at a high temperature. It is recommended to drink the resultant soup in order to enhance the healing mechanism of the body.
- Oatmeal is mainly used to reduce the itchiness in the body. At the time of chickenpox, the blisters secrete a fluid which increases the itchiness in the body. To avoid that itchiness, it is recommended to take a oatmeal bath. The oatmeal is first grinded into powder and is then mixed with the luke warm water and then the patient is recommended to take a bath in the solution for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Brown vinegar is also used to reduce the skin irritation and itchiness. The brown vinegar has anti-viral properties which help in healing the wounds of the body. The brown vinegar is added to the lukewarm water and is soaked for 15 to 20 minutes. This solution is then applied all over the body of the patient.
Along with these homely remedies, it is also suggested to consume necessary medications as prescribed by the doctor. There is no need to get admitted in the hospital, as it is very effective to cure chickenpox at home.