Dandruff is a condition that is characterized by a flaking and itchy scalp. It is dead skin cells of the scalp that fall and stays in the hair. It is a very irritating condition and certainly does not look very appealing. It is caused by eczema and overgrowth of a yeast-like fungus called Malassezia. Dandruff cannot be cured permanently but there are certain natural dandruff remedies that make the condition better.
- Aspirin: It contains the same active ingredient as many medicated dandruff shampoos. Crush two aspirins to a fine powder and add it to normal shampoo. Apply this mixture on your hair, leave this mixture for 2 minutes and rinse your hair with plain shampoo.
- Baking Soda: It is a key ingredient to an itch-free and flake-free scalp. Rub a handful of baking soda into your scalp. Baking soda reduces active fungi that cause dandruff and cures itchiness. First, your hair may get dried out. Later, your scalp will produce natural oils, leaving your hair softer and you will be free from flakes.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Soak overnight some fenugreek seeds in water. Crush down the seeds to a paste form, then apply over your scalp and leave for about twenty minutes, then wash off with water.
- Coconut Oil: This oil is best for dandruff treatment and it smells nice. Before taking bath, massage five tablespoons of coconut oil into your scalp and sit for about an hour. You can also go for a shampoo that contains coconut oil.
- Salt: Ordinary table salt works great for scrubbing out dandruff flakes before the use of shampoo. Grab a saltshaker and shake some amount of salt onto your dry scalp. It works well by giving massage to your scalp. Salt will work well on the dry and flaky skin.
- Aloe Vera: It contains pectin and polysaccharides that stimulate the cells and make them divide and grow. Newly grown healthy cells will result in a healthy scalp. Aloe Vera soothes and moisturizes the dry scalp and removes dead skin cells. It removes bacteria and other fatty deposits that clog the hair follicles.
- Olive Oil: It has certain magical properties that make you go away with annoying flakes from your hair and scalp. An overnight olive oil soak is a great remedy for dandruff. Massage 10 drops of olive oil into your scalp and cover the hair with a shower cap overnight. Follow your regular shampoo in the morning.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is a popular remedy for a huge number of things from killing bacteria on wounds and removing warts. Apple cider vinegar has certain properties and is also an amazing home remedy for dandruff. It can be used to wash your hair. Apply apple cider vinegar to your hair and leave for 40 minutes with your head wrapped in a towel. Try cider vinegar for twice in a week, your dandruff will disappear.
These 8 amazing natural dandruff remedies are helpful in getting rid of the dandruff problem. But every remedy doesn’t work for everyone. Every person can find a remedy that will work for their condition.