Healthy eating means consuming right quantities of foods from different food types in order to lead a healthy life. Healthy living means making healthy choices every day that keep us fit mentally, spiritually and physically. This physical, spiritual and mental health are closely linked, a change in one directly affects the other.
Below listed tips gives you a path to healthy eating and living to improve your life naturally.
- Exercise: It is a major contributor to a healthy lifestyle. Unhealthy living may manifest in obesity, lack of endurance, weakness, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease and diabetes. Regular exercise can prevent age related problems, builds strength and decrease in the risk of falls in the elderly. Weight bearing exercise also prevents osteoporosis by building bone strength.
- Black Beans: A cup of black beans satisfies proteins and doesn’t contain any of saturated fat in other protein sources like red meat. This superfoods builds bones, improves eyesight, prevents chronic diseases and keeps your mind sharp.
- Get Enough Sleep: Elderly people need 7-9 hours sleep. But they don’t sleep as deeply and may awaken at night or wake early. Allow them to nap frequently to accumulate the total of 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Avoid Tobacco: Use of tobacco causes cancer in the mouth, lung, tongue, kidney, lip, bladder and esophagus. It increases the risk of bladder cancer in subjects occupationally exposed to certain organic chemicals found in leather,, dye, textile, paint and other organic chemical industries.
- Avoid Excessive Alcohol Consumption: Excess consumption of alcohol is the major cause of liver cirrhosis. This disease causes internal hemorrhage, bleeding, muscle wasting, infections, mental confusion and advance stage is coma and kidney failure.
- Cinnamon: It may stabilize on your blood sugar levels. Cinnamon could curb appetite, particularly in people with type 2 diabetes. Stir a teaspoon of cinnamon into your coffee, tea or yogurt to add sweetness without adding calories.
- Change Your Lifestyle: Healthy eating and living is all about habits. You should be willing to choose healthy alternatives over the unhealthy one. Cut down foods like meat, hot dogs, pizza or cake.
- Eat Raw Vegetables: It is an outstanding snack. It can satisfy the desire to crunch, they are full of water and low in calories. Drink a half cup of diced celery which has eight calories and good for health. Coat celery with a little peanut butter or dunking carrots in salsa.
- Breathing: Many people are stressed out and they forget to breathe. Just lie down on the bed and dream for a while, forget everything.
- Meditation: Meditate and focus on your breath as long as you can. Meditation lowers the blood pressure and makes you smarter and happier.
- Walking: Instead of taking 4 wheeler or 2 wheeler everywhere. Take the stair and walk to the grocery store if it is close enough. Walking gives your body a little bit of exercise and you will feel a lot healthier and better.
- Diet: Eat healthy food for maintenance and growth of a healthy body. Eat three meals a day i.e., breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food consumption should consist of vegetables, fruits, grains and fat free milk products.
- Protein: It helps in building and repairing tissue in your body. They are rich in essential foods like minerals, zinc, magnesium, iron and B vitamins. The following foods are good sources of protein – poultry, eggs, beans, nuts, meat.
- Consume a huge amount of dairy products like yoghurts, milk, soya and cheese. People who do not consume animal sourced foods can get their calcium intake from other products like cabbage, soya milk and broccoli.
- Stay active both physically and mentally to keep your body strong, improves energy and reduces stress.
- End your negative lifestyle practices.
- Use less salt: Avoid adding salt by using fresh and dried herbs. The spices and herbs make food tasty without making it salty.
- Less Fats: Trim the fats and take the skin off the poultry before eating. Do your best to reduce consumption of fats.