Insomnia is the difficulty experienced in falling asleep or maintaining refreshing sleep. It is a chronic disorder in which an individual faces continuous sleep or facing a problem of staying asleep for a longer period of time. Insomnia can affect a person of any gender and age. But it is usually seen in women and aged people.
Insomnia is a disorder or symptom caused by severe stress from relationship and financial problems. Several factors which cause Insomnia in a person are as follows:
- Medical Conditions: Individuals suffering from Asthma, Tumors, Hyperthyroidism, Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are prone to Insomnia.
- Life Style: It is the major contributing factor for Insomnia. Individuals who are addicted to smoking, awaking late nights, drinking, working night shifts are prone to Insomnia.
- People consuming certain type of medications like heart and blood pressure medicines, allergy medicines, weight loss medicines are also prone to Insomnia.
Types of Insomnia:
Insomnia is classified into 5 types according to its duration and cause:
- Primary Insomnia: This Insomnia is caused due to anxiety and stress, but it is not related to any medical condition.
- Secondary Insomnia: This type of Insomnia is caused by some medical condition like sleep apnoea, depression.
- Transient Insomnia: This type of disorder can be seen from last few days to few weeks.
- Short Term or Acute Insomnia: In this type of Acute Insomnia the disorder last for few weeks.
- Chronic Insomnia: In this type of Chronic Insomnia, the symptoms lasts for several months or years together.
Treatment for Insomnia:
Traditional treatment of Insomnia – Drug Therapy. It doesn’t works always and many individuals don’t want to continue with prescription for longer period of time. An alternative treatment is Hypnotherapy treatment for Insomnia. Hypnotherapy treatment is safest and natural treatment for Insomnia. It is an effective treatment done by a therapist or by self-hypnosis.
Best Ways to Cure Insomnia:
- Start to eat better is one of the best ways to cure Insomnia.
- Change Your Lifestyle into Healthy Lifestyle: People have to change their routine lifestyle into healthy lifestyle by doing exercise. Daily practice exercise for 30 minutes or more is the best way to cure Insomnia – but not close to bedtime. But it takes several months to get the full effects. Regular exercise removes toxins in your body, along with appropriate diet indeed. It will also tire your body and make you sleep.
- Avoid Naps: If you are napping during the day, then it will be very difficult to sleep at night. If you feel to take nap, limit your nap to 30 minutes.
- Avoid Late Meals: Avoid rich and heavy foods during nights. Fatty foods will take a lot of time to digest and spicy foods cause heartburn.
- Limit Alcohol, Caffeine and Nicotine: Stop drinking caffeinated drinks before bed. Alcohol can make you feel sleepy, it also obstructs your quality of sleep and Nicotine is stimulant.
Treatment of Insomnia can be as simple as doing and avoiding these things. Anything that relaxes a person is a treatment for Insomnia.